King's Canyon Backpacking Adventure
Take 20% off now through June 27th as part of our Endless Summer of Wilderness Sale!
July 13th-17th, 2017
In our humble opinion, King's Canyon easily rivals Yosemite. It brings some unique features like enormous granite mountains, views for miles, and is packed with hundreds of lakes.
A 5 day, 4 night backpacking trip through this section of King's Canyon will bring you to a particular section of the John Muir Trail that hikers from all around the world come to marvel. We will be going through the Rae Lakes in this park and it is easily one of the most gorgeous and most photographed areas within King's Canyon.
Level of activity
This is an intermediate-strenuous backpacking adventure. Over the course of 6 days we will cover around 42 miles and climbs from a little over 5k feet to the mighty Glen Pass of close to 12k feet. We will be gaining quite a bit of elevation to access the lakes within the first couple of days, but the views rivers and lakes will be worth the climb. We will then descend down into the large valley where the two large Rae Lakes rest in all their glory. Adventurers will be expected to carry around 35-40 pounds of gear including their own personal belongings. This will be a strenuous trek. Training, cardio, and leg strength are going to key for this. If you're looking to take your camping and backpacking game to the next level, this is for you.
- A guided trip by our adventure specialists to help ensure your safety, fun, and to take you to the places that'll blow your mind
- Free gear rentals! You have a backpack but need a sleeping bag? We got you. You need a backpack, sleeping bag, tent, and sleeping pad? No problem. It's free!
- You are helping the community because we give back 25% of our profits to helping underprivileged families get outside
- Gourmet backcountry dinners with our camp chef...That's right, we handle the sacred PM meal we call dinner!
- A Wilderness Trio hat so you can make your friends jealous
- We take plenty of photos and videos of you in action so you look awesome. We put together a fun trip video a few days after the adventure so you can show your pals what they all missed out on.
Cost: $649. $249 deposit due to secure your spot and the balance is due 10 days prior to the adventure date. This trip is limited to 8 adventurers. Sign up today to get your spot!
Epic Deal Opportunity: We want you to bring your friends or family on the adventure with you...the more the merrier! We think it's pretty rad you have friends, so we want to reward you for being so rad. So we have the following deal to offer:
Groups of 3 are $599 each person
Groups of 4 or more are just $569 each!