The Ultimate Yosemite Backpacking Class/adventure
july 28th-31st, 2018
Get ready to explore the Yosemite high country and learn the art and skill of backpacking! This 4 day 3* night adventure will take you away from the traditional Yosemite crowds and through the beautiful, untouched backcountry of Yosemite to reconnect you back to nature like never before.
Because this is also a class, backpacking students will pick up skills in:
- Properly packing a pack
- Different water filtering techniques
- Cooking gourmet meals out on the trails
- Wilderness first aid**
- Navigation with and without GPS Units
- Managing energy for the long distance treks
- Risk assessment and management
- Leave No Trace
Experience Yosemite with a medically certified and experienced guide who will be there to motivate, encourage and help you every step of way!
*There is an optional 4th night available on the 27th for an additional $15 per person
**This is not a Wilderness First Aid Certification, only skills will be shared.
- A guided Wilderness Trio Adventure by our friendly adventure specialists
- Use of backpacking gear. Includes: use of backpack, sleeping bag, tent, and insulated sleeping pad. Our team brings the water filters and stoves as well.
- The extremely hard to get backcountry permits
- Information packets
- Backpacking dinners will be provided
- A guided class/hike taught and led with a Wilderness First Responder
- A Wilderness Trio shirt
- A recap video, plenty of photos of you in action, and memories of your epic adventure you'll remember forever!
- A lifetime "membership" to be part of the Trio to receive discounts on rental gear, future trips, and invitiations for exclusive trips
Cost: $699 per person
Due to the nature of this course and our desire to teach and instill as many skills as possible, only 3 spots are available.
Level of Activity
Moderate-Strenuous. About 35 miles will be covered between the backpacking a large section of the High Sierra Loop. We will begin in Tuolumne Meadows and trek to and past locations such as Vogelsang, Merced Lake, Sunrise Lakes, and more!
Difficulty Rating: 3.5
We rate our adventures on a 1-5 scale with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most strenuous. This is a level 3.5 adventure where we recommend this hike for those who might have experienced hiking at higher elevations and have been spending some time exercising throughout the week.