Women, this is just for you to make that bucket list smaller! Prepare for magic, adventure, and altitude as you get the opportunity to backpack through the majestic Yosemite Valley and end up peaking the iconic Half Dome! This 4 day, 3 night adventure will take you through the beautiful backcountry of Yosemite to reconnect you back to nature like never before. This is a strenuous level backpacking trip that won't disappoint. It will challenge your physical abilities and elevate your backpacking and hiking game to the next level!
Experience Half Dome with a female medically certified and experienced Adventure Specialist who will be there to motivate, encourage, and help you every step of way. We believe in equipping all of our adventurers who trek along with us with enough knowledge and experience that they can go back home feeling more confident on and off the trails!
- Day One we will meet at the Glacier Point Trailhead where we will get acquainted and pass out backpacking gear. We will show you how to properly pack and fit a backpack and give plenty of pointers before hitting the trail. We will then trek towards illilouette Falls, a 370 foot waterfall that feeds Illilouette Creek. Our day will be a shorter one with plenty of time to explore, take those photos, and learn plenty of wilderness skills before we end at a beautiful campsite at that is secluded for views and peace.
- Day Two We will be waking up bright and early on this day to get you over to the Little Yosemite Campground. This day is going to be one with some incredible views off of the Panarama Point that will give you shots of the Yosemite Valley, multiple waterfalls, and the Three Brothers rock formation. After we stop for lunch at the Panarama Point, we will trek right next to Nevada Falls. It is a 600 foot waterfall that can get so loud that it is impossible to hold a coversation next to it! If time allows, we will trek up the Merced River a bit to show our group a dead forest and cascades. Our day will end at our campsite at or near Little Yosemite Valley.
- Day Three This is it... the day you've been waiting for! Half Dome climbing day! We will be moving bright and early to get you over to the Half Dome cables earlier than most so that you can avoid getting stuck in the "line of ants" and have the cables more to yourself. This is a long but rewarding day of climbing as you are rewarded with not only the accomplishment of clmbing the giant granite slab they call Half Dome, but also you'll get the chance to soak in stunning and breathtaking views of Yosemite!
- Day Four We will pack up our camp at the Little Yosemite area and trek back on down the trail giving you a different view of the valley and the scenery we passed a few days prior. We will get you back to your cars around noon where we will pass out shirts, stickers, and say goodbye to our new trailfriends. That's right, you're going to leave with new friends to explore the world with!
Level of activity and difficulty
- If you have never backpacked before, no problem! No gear? No problem! While the route is strenuous, we get excited at the chance to teach someone the art and skills of backpacking. We make it our goal to teach you so much that you'll go home and look like a pro in front of your friends! Included in the adventure is the use of major backpacking gear: Backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and a tent. Unless you are in a party of two, three, or four, please know you'll be bunking with someone of the same gender. Please inquire about having a tent to yourself and we will see what we can do.
- Difficulty Rating: 5 We rate our adventures on a 1-5 scale with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most strenuous. This is a level 5 adventure where we will take many breaks, stops, and will do all we can to ease the burden of backpacking on our adventurers.
- Training plans available Included in your adventure is an option to have a training and fitness plan sent to you to help you prepare!
- Transportation not provided but we do our best to link you up with other adventurers coming from your area, state, or city.
- Meeting spot is inside the park at a central location that is easy to find.
- Flying into Fresno or San Francisco airport would be your best bet as the drive isn't too far from Yosemite. We also recommend taking a look at YARTS as an alternative to driving into Yosemite from airports or other major locations.
- Included are backcountry dinners cooked by our team. We aim to make gourmet meals that are close to what you'd find in a restaurant! We won't hand you a bag of freeze dried or dehydrated food and say "Bon Appétit!" We pride ourselves on cooking up good tasting food!
- We also aim to work with dietary restrictions and needs. Before the adventure our team will communicate with you to ensure your needs are met.
- Because we believe in sustainability and helping our planet, we provide you with the use of a reusable mess kit that includes a coffee mug, plate/bowl, and eating utensils.
- Feel free to use our stoves/fuel to heat up your trail breakfasts or lunches. We don't want our adventurers to need to go out and buy a bunch of gear.
Dates: June 4-7, 2019
$599 Early REgistration by 4/4
$649 regular registration
Use of gear included
Difficulty rating: 5/5 strenuous Over 25 miles of adventure
$149 deposit secures your spot!
The use of backpacking gear
Gourmet trail dinners
All backcountry and Half Dome permits
Expert and medically certified Adventure Specialists to aim for safety, guidance, and fun!
A recap video and plenty of photos from our team
A variety of wilderness and backpacking skills will be taught
An opportunity to help change the world
A custom tailored fitness plan to get you ready
An official Wilderness Trio shirt
A lifetime "membership" to be part of The Trio. You'll receive discounts on future adventures, gear rentals, and more!