This truly is the ultimate Yosemite backpacking adventure! Lakes, streams, rivers, wildlife, mileage, meadows, trees, changing scenery, and HALF DOME! This 7 day, 6night adventure will take you through the beautiful backcountry of Yosemite that most people will never see… all to reconnect you back to nature on what we call, The Ultimate Yosemite Adventure! This is a strenuous level backpacking adventure that will end up testing your physical strength. You will walk away with a ton of skills and knowledge of the outdoors and of backpacking. If you’re looking to one day do the JMT, PCT, or other thru-hike, this adventure will end up teaching you most everything you need to know and give you the experience to take on a long thru-hike.
You’ll trek through areas that most people don’t have on their social media! You can rest assured that you’ll see some of the most majestic and beautiful places that exist in this national park!
Experience Yosemite and Half Dome with our medically certified and experienced Adventure Specialists who will be there to motivate, encourage, and help you every step of way. We believe in equipping all of our adventurers who trek along with us with enough knowledge and experience that they can go back home feeling more confident on and off the trails!
- Day One We will be meeting at the May Lake trailhead inside the park. There is a good chance that we will have a place for adventurers to trek in a night early if they'd like...we love hanging out with people! After we meet at the trailhead we will disperse backpacking gear and get aquainted with eachother before hitting the trail in the late morning. You can expect to see some of high country of Yosemite on this day as we trek past the gorgeous May and McGee lakes! There will be plenty of locations/areas for pictures and to soak in nature as we trek towards our desintation for of Glen Aulin where we will camp for the night. Peace and scenery is on the agenda! You can expect an 8 mile day for this first one.
- Day Two From Glen Aulin we will be trekking towards Tuolumne Meadows where more of the Yosemite high country can and will be admired! We will pass over several creeks and small rivers...you might even see some fish swimming the streams! Our destination will be about half way up Rafferty Creek trail towards Vogelsang camp. This trail does host a climb, but also hosts many mind blowing views of Lyell Canyon...Hopefully those camera batteries are still charged!
- Day Three This day has a bit more climbing in the beginning but my mid morning we should be going downhill as we march on to Merced Lake! Merced Lake is home of some of our team's favorite place in all of Yosemite! This day will give you the most incredible views of the adventure so far. As we pull into camp, you can be sure that our Adventure Specialist team will show you where a swimming hole is to cool down, get refreshed, and laugh as we talk about the days journey.
- Day Four This day is intentionally on the shorter side. We will be leaving Merced Lake in the morning and making our way towards Half Dome. We will trek through the forest and you'll notice that the scenery has changed wildly compared to the day before as we're now closer to the Valley of Yosemite and out of the high country. We will be stopping at Sunrise Creek to camp and rest for the next day
- Day Five Half Dome day! Need we say more?! We will be waking up early to beat the day hiking crowds to ensure that we have most of the Half Dome cables to ourselves. Once we're done with the iconic pictures and soaking in the views, we will trek back down to our camp for the evening to talk about how epic the day was!
- Day six We will pack up our camp and make our way towards Sunrise Lakes from Sunrise Creek. What's cool about this day is you'll trek up a mountain pass where you can admire a lot of the work you did over the past few days. Again, you'll see a scenery change on this day as you leave the forest behind to adopt the traditional granite views of Yosemite! Sunrise Lakes is usually on the less than crowded side and is a great spot to think about the journey you just took, go for a swim, or to throw your pole in the water and see if you catch anything!
- Day seven After breakfast we will pack up our last camp, say goodbye to the gorgeous Sunrise Lakes, and trek on out to the Sunrise Lakes trailhead. This will be a mostly downhill morning winding you through a healthy mix of granite and forest. Be prepared to feel awesome and accomplished as you hike past the day hikers who have no idea about the incredible scenery you just saw over the last week! We will end the adventure at your car(s) around noon where we will say our goodbyes, pass out shirts and stickers, and make sure that all of our new trail friends have contact info swapped!
Level of activity and difficulty
- If you have never backpacked before, no problem! No gear? No problem! While the route is strenuous, we get excited at the chance to teach someone the art and skills of backpacking. We make it our goal to teach you so much that you'll go home and look like a pro in front of your friends! Included in the adventure is the use of major backpacking gear: Backpack, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and a tent. Unless you are in a party of two, three, or four, please know you'll be bunking with someone of the same gender. Please inquire about having a tent to yourself and we will see what we can do.
- Difficulty Rating: 5 We rate our adventures on a 1-5 scale with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most strenuous. This is a level 5 adventure where we will take many breaks, stops, and will do all we can to ease the burden of backpacking on our adventurers.
- Training plans available Included in your adventure is an option to have a training and fitness plan sent to you to help you prepare!
- Transportation not provided but we do our best to link you up with other adventurers coming from your area, state, or city.
- Meeting spot is inside the park at a central location that is easy to find.
- Flying into Fresno or San Francisco airport would be your best bet as the drive isn't too far from Yosemite. We also recommend taking a look at YARTS as an alternative to driving into Yosemite from airports or other major locations.
- Included are backcountry dinners cooked by our team. We aim to make gourmet meals that are close to what you'd find in a restaurant! We won't hand you a bag of freeze dried or dehydrated food and say "Bon Appétit!" We pride ourselves on cooking up good tasting food!
- We also aim to work with dietary restrictions and needs. Before the adventure our team will communicate with you to ensure your needs are met.
- Because we believe in sustainability and helping our planet, we provide you with the use of a reusable mess kit that includes a coffee mug, plate/bowl, and eating utensils.
- Feel free to use our stoves/fuel to heat up your trail breakfasts or lunches. We don't want our adventurers to need to go out and buy a bunch of gear.
Dates: July 19-25, 2019
$999 Early REgistration by 5/19
$1099 regular registration
use of gear included
Difficulty rating: 5/5 strenuous Over 50 miles of adventure
$199 deposit secures your spot!
The use of backpacking gear
Gourmet trail dinners
All backcountry and Half Dome permits
Expert and medically certified Adventure Specialists to aim for safety, guidance, and fun!
A recap video and plenty of photos from our team
A variety of wilderness and backpacking skills will be taught
An opportunity to help change the world
A custom tailored fitness plan to get you ready
An official Wilderness Trio shirt
A lifetime "membership" to be part of The Trio. You'll receive discounts on future adventures, gear rentals, and more!