+ Do I need to have outdoor experience?
Nope! Some of our trips are designed for someone who is looking to get into the outdoors for the first time. We don't mind showing you the ropes.
+ Why should I choose you guys for an adventure?
- We give back 25% of our profits to our community.
- Each member of our team is Wilderness First Aid, Leave No Trace, First aid, and CPR certified. At minimum each member of our team has 8 years of outdoor experience.
- We legally obtain permits, have our proper licensing and follow federal guidelines in order to guide in the wilderness of national parks.
- We carry GPS units and an Inreach device for our backpacking trips to ensure safety.
- We strive to provide an outdoor experience you'll remember forever with great food, team building activities, and incredible scenery.
- We aim to make our adventures more affordable than the competition. We care more about bringing friends and families together than making tons of money.
+ What kind of shape do I need to be in?
It really depends on the trip. Some of the intermediate to strenuous backpacking trips will require someone of an active lifestyle or who has been in strict training. We recommend that all who come on any trip have done some training prior to departure. Cardio and leg workouts are key to a fun trip.
+ Can my family/kids be part of an adventure?
Absolutely! We can tailor our trips to cater to your young family.
+ What kind of footwear do I need?
We recommend using a hiking boot that has already been broken in. You can get by with quality exercise shoes on most of our beginner trails, but intermidiate and above should be using a waterproof boot. Shoot us an email for some boot suggestions
+ Will there be bathrooms or showers?
Most of our backpacking trips do not have the traditional showers and toilets that campgrounds or our camping adventures have. Instead, with our beginner backpacking trips we will have a pit toilet and shelter. If water sources allow, we will have a portable shower and shelter.
+ What do I need to bring?
Aside from quality footwear, you are responsible for bringing your own gear. Check out the specific adventure you want to be part of to see what the adventure includes. If you don't have the appropriate gear, our adventures include a large discount on our rentals. Just make sure you read the trip description to find out what the trip includes.
+ Do you guys carry most of the gear and supplies?
Some of our intro to backpacking or backcountry camping include this feature, but we do not carry most of the gear and supplies every time. For a fee, we can supply you with a guide who can go on a trip to carry most of the gear and supplies for you. If you are going on one of our intermediate backpacking trips, you can expect to carry around 35-40 pounds. Our camping adventures are slightly different in that you will arrive in a parking lot and not have ot worry about carrying supplies very far.
+ I hear you guys make great food, what if I have food allergies?
When you book your trip you will be sent a questionnaire about yourself. Make sure you indicate that you have food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate your allergies, but if we cannot we will refund you a portion of your trip cost and will assist you in the meal preparation.
+ Do I have to use your gear if I have my own awesome stuff?
No, but if the adventure is one that our guides will be carrying the supplies, then you are going to need to carry your own awesome gear.
+ What if I need to cancel my spot for the trip?
The following is our refund policy:
- 72 hours of us receiving your deposit: 100% refund
- 15+ days prior to trip departure: 25% of the deposit can be transferred to a friend or family member going on the adventure or 50% of the deposit can be applied to one future trip
- 0-14 days prior to trip departure: No refunds as we have already hired on the appropriate adventure specialist and have invested money into you attending the trip.
- What happens if I get hurt?
To protect Wilderness Trio, LLC. All individuals who embark on one of our adventures must sign a liability waiver. In the event that there is an injury, our wilderness first aid certified guides will assess the situation and if possible, treat any injuries. In the rare event that there is an emergency, our guides carry a GPS unit capable of sending a distress signal to a emergency response center for prompt evacuation.
+ If a storm arrives will the trip still go on?
It really all depends on the storm and adventure destination. Some light rain or snow shouldn't be too much a hindrance for the adventure. If extreme weather comes in prior to the trip departure we will be in commmunication with you about the plan and when either a reschedule will take place or a relocation. We reserve the right to cancel trips based on weather or unforseen circumstances.
+ What happens if I don't get to see, climb, or experience something on the adventure that was advertised or I was hoping to get to?
We will do all that we can to make sure you get to experience and see everything and more that is adverstised. We reserve the right to have to cancel or shift certain things around whether advertised or not, based on the needs of the group, situations beyond of our control, or weather issues. Don't worry though, we will aim to provide 110% more than we advertise!
Did we miss a question? It's important to us. Email email@example.com so we can get that answered for you.