We have partnered with some local Zion guides to include a private canyoneer experience to explore some areas on private land that not everyone gets to see! Not only will you go canyoneering with us, but you’ll also get our amazing Zion Camping experience! Can you imagine being able to go adventure, at the amazing destination of Zion without the hassle of planning, the cooking, the cleaning, or the camp tear down? Well imagine no more because Wilderness Trio has you covered!
With features such as meals being provided, we aim to make this the easiest, most hassle free, and enjoyable camping experience you’ve ever had. We bring the food and the fun; handling all the campsite set up and clean up so you can relax and experience the outdoors in peace and style. With the option of hiking activities, games, and more, this trip is truly fit to order. At the end, we say our goodbyes and our team handles the campsite clean up, while you get to take off, reflecting on an amazing adventure!
We believe in equipping all of our adventurers who trek along with us with enough knowledge and experience that they can go back home feeling more confident on and off the trails!
- Day One we will meet at our campground, rest assured as it is a location that is easy to find and identify. We will then show you to the site where you'll arrive to a waterfront campsite with most everything set up for you to enjoy! We can easily and happily help you with putting up your tent. Once we get everyone settled in we are going to hit our first trail... a climb on up a trail to get a spectacular view of the Zion canyon and hopefully sunset from the Watchman Trail. After the hike we will trek on back to camp and encourage our competitive adventurers to engage in some fierce competition of Bocce or Cornhole while our team cooks up a gourmet dinner. It wouldn't be camping without a fire and s'mores... count on us for that campfire and gourmet s'mores.
- Day Two Rise and shine with a hot cup of coffee and breakfast waiting for you handled by our team! We will then head on over to the Angel's Landing trailhead pointing out memorable stops along the way. This is an incredible day of some elevation gain and unfathomable views in every direction. We wont push or pressure you into climbing the chain section of Angel's Landing if you don't want to go on up. We get it! After everyone finishes taking their pics and soaks in the views, we will trek on down before the afteroon heat hits. After the trek, we will head on back to camp for lunch prepared by our team and we will lay out some afternoon options. We like to give you a few options for fun and some for relaxation (maybe a tube provided by us so you can float the Virgin River to cool down?!) as we understand that some adventurers head on out to get some time of solitude and we also understand that some want an action packed schedule. Count on us to cook up another gourmet dinner before we trek on over to a viewing area to see if we can spot some deer grazing on their dinner and to catch another beautiful sunset. After this 2 mile trek, we will head on back to camp for another nightly fire loaded with another round of gourmet s'mores. Not only will there be the nightly campfire, but also an opportunity to explore a small ghost town!
- Day Three Another morning with hot coffee and breakfast for our adventurers! This is a fun breakfast as we discuss the itinerary for the day... You can expect this to be a great day as we explore the world famous Narrows of Zion! We will guide you up the river, take tons of pics and video as everyone always looks super awesome hiking in the water, and we allow for plenty of time to soak in the views as they truly are iconic. We bring lunch with us so we can enjoy a nice river side lunch deep in the heart of The Narrows. The trek for The Narrows is about 5.5 miles roundtrip but know that navigating through the water takes more time and caution than your traditional hiking. We will then head on out of The Narrows so that you can rest up a bit before we get ready for our private canyoneering experience! We will go out with local Zion guides who will provide us with the equipment, a brief class, and will guide us into some unique and private slot canyons! This is guaranteed to be a unique experience and it is one that normally cost $275 a person... but we have worked some magic and are able to get lower rates to include it in our adventure! After the canyoneering experience, count on us for another gourmet dinner and one last night together around the fire with stories, laughter, and of course, s'mores!
- Day Four One last morning with hot coffee and breakfast awaits our adventurers! We close the morning with giving out shirts, stickers, and we encourage swapping info with your new trail friends so you can all get together again for another adventure! Our team is around to help you take down your tent and or load up your cars. We hang back and clean up the entire campsite while you drive on home reflecting on the incredible weekend of adventure!
Level of activity and difficulty
- If you have never camped before, no problem! No gear? No problem! We get it, sometimes the last time you camped was when you were 6 with your parents and all you remember is that old smelly tent! First of all, if you get a tent from us, it wont be smelly! Second, we get excited at the chance to teach someone the art and skills of camping. We make it our goal to teach you so much that you'll go home and look like a pro in front of your friends! Included in the adventure is the the option to get 50% off our rental gear. So if you need a tent, sleeping bag, cot, or sleeping pad, we can bring these items for you at a steep discount compared to our normal rental rates.
- Difficulty Rating: 3.5 We rate our adventures on a 1-5 scale with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most strenuous. This is a level 3.5 adventure where you'll likey sweat, have some small moments of challenge and might get moments of being tired, but you wont be extremely exhausted by the end of the day.
- Training plans available Included in your adventure is an option to have a training and fitness plan sent to you to help you prepare!
- Transportation not provided but we do our best to link you up with other adventurers coming from your area, state, or city.
- Meeting spot is right outside the park at a central location that is easy to find.
- Flying into Las Vegas would be your best bet as the drive is about 2.5 hours to Zion.
- Included are gourmet meals cooked by our team. We aim to make gourmet meals that are close to what you'd find in a restaurant! We won't hand you a bowl of macaronia and cheese and say "Bon Appétit!" We pride ourselves on cooking up good tasting food! Seriously, on past adventures we have cooked items like filet mignon, salmon, fresh veggies, burgers (someone even left us a 5 star review based on the burgers alone!), breakfast burritos, chilaquiles, and even a Hawaiian bread french toast! When it comes to the meals on our camping adventures, we don't mess around!
- We also aim to work with dietary restrictions and needs. Before the adventure our team will communicate with you to ensure your needs are met.
- Because we believe in sustainability and helping our planet, we provide you with the use of a reusable mess kit that includes a coffee mug, plate/bowl, and eating utensils. We even wash all these items for you!
Dates: October 10-13, 2019
$499 Early REgistration by 7/10
$599 regular registration
all meals included
Difficulty rating: 3.5/5 Moderate
$199 deposit secures your spot!
An amazing waterfront campsite stocked with games, activities, and a nightly fire with s’mores
A private class and canyoneering experience (a $275 value) with local Zion guides we have partnered with who will take us on some private land to see and explore canyons
Gourmet meals (no joke we have been known to cook filet mignon and salmon…)
Natl. park entrance fees
Expert and medically certified Adventure Specialists to aim for safety, guidance, and fun!
50% off any rental camping gear you need
A recap video and plenty of photos from our team
A variety of wilderness and camping skills can be taught by request
An opportunity to help change the world
A custom tailored fitness plan to get you ready
An official Wilderness Trio shirt
A lifetime "membership" to be part of The Trio. You'll receive discounts on future adventures, gear rentals, and more!